Bespoke Web Development
I am a freelance web developer specialising in high quality websites, often with bespoke functionality. If you are looking for a high quality tailored website to suit your needs then you have come to the right place.
I'm am a self motivated technical expert and have been working in software development for the last 14 years. I currently hold the position of Head of IT at Optimal Internet, based between Portsmouth and Southampton on the south coast of England.
I provide professional websites for both businesses and individuals. If you would like to enquire about my services please contact me.
Some projects I am involved with are listed below.
- uCore is a modular Open Source CMS and PHP Framework designed for scalability, flexibility and ease of use. I started development on this project in 2005. The first implimentation of uCore was a CRM (Client Relationship Manager) for a large Financial Services firm. Used to track client applications across various services including Mortgages and Insurances. uCore has progressed in leaps and bounds over the last 8 years and is now published on a number of live websites including many high end Recruitment Websites and Job Boards. Performance has been enhanced to make uCore a candidate for consideration on projects of any size.
- Custom Google Background
- In November 2012 Google took the decision to remove a feature from the homepage which allowed users to change the Google background image. I wrote and published a Google Chrome extension in the weeks prior to return this much loved feature. I continue to make a number of enhancements requested by users. If you are interested, please check out the Custom Google Background Project Page.
- Holy Grail Generator
- After having found myself regularly building CSS column layouts from scratch, I came across a very reasonable fluid three column layout called Holy Grail created by Matthew James Taylor. To better utilise this, I created a script to dynamically alter the width of the columns, and provide the resulting HTML and CSS content.
- I once played a popular game called World of Warcraft. To enable players to be more effective I developed an addon to keep track of in-game effects. To do this I had to learn another language called LUA. The addon has been maintained for users over a period of five years. With over 52,000 total downloads to date, and 150 downloads per month.
- To develop certain functionality of uCore, I found the need to write extensions to other popular Open Source software. This Open Source jQuery addon provides easy navigation of a servers filesystem. It is used within the Media module of uCore to facilitate website administrators to manage a variety of media uploads including images, videos, and file downloads.